Drop Biscuits (from Better Baking Mix)
Using our Better Baking Mix and getting rid of the rolling and cutting steps means you can enjoy the goodness of homemade biscuits even when you're short on time. See the notes section for fun ways to vary this recipe.
- 2 Servings of Better Baking Mix (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Lightly grease baking sheet.
- Add oil and water to the dry mix. Stir just until all ingredients are wet.
- Drop spoonsful 4 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned.
Try these variations on this recipe:
Herb Biscuits - Add to dry ingredients: 1 teaspoon Italian herb mix.
Cheese Biscuits - Add to dry ingredients: 1/3 cup grated sharp cheese.
Fruit Scones - Add to the dry ingredients: 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, or the grated rind of an orange or lemon. Reduce water to 2/3 cup.
Washington State University Extension