Kids can enjoy making this healthy, fun, and easy after-school snack using peaches, cottage cheese, and raisins.
- 2 canned peach halves
- 2 tablespoons cottage cheese, low-fat (1 ounce)
- 1/2 tablespoon raisins (6 raisins)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Place one peach half, cut side up, in center of plate for nest.
- Place 1 tablespoon of cottage cheese in center of nest.
- Place raisins on cottage cheese to make eggs.
- Enjoy your Eagle Nest.
Adults: If preparing with children, use a can opener to open peaches. Drain juice and discard sharp edged lid.
Learn more about:
A Harvest of Recipes with USDA Foods
USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
Chickasaw Nation, Get Fresh! Nutrition Education Program