Easy and Healthy Black Bean Soup
This soup is full of flavor and is so easy to prepare. Using canned beans and salsa, along with cumin and cilantro, this soup is a great way to throw dinner together in minutes.
- 2 cans Black beans, canned, drained and rinsed (15 ounce)
- 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium (can use vegetable broth instead)
- 1 cup salsa (medium)
- 1 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- 4 tablespoons sour cream, low-fat (can use fat-free)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Lightly puree one can of black beans with broth, salsa and cumin in a blender.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine pureed bean mixture with remaining beans and heat through.
3. To serve, ladle soup into 4 bowls.
4. Top each bowl with one tablespoon of sour cream and garnish with the cilantro.
Bronson Wellness Center