Easy and Healthy Black Bean Soup
- 2 cans Black beans, canned, drained and rinsed (15 ounce)
- 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium (can use vegetable broth instead)
- 1 cup salsa (medium)
- 1 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- 4 tablespoons sour cream, low-fat (can use fat-free)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Lightly puree one can of black beans with broth, salsa and cumin in a blender.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine pureed bean mixture with remaining beans and heat through.
3. To serve, ladle soup into 4 bowls.
4. Top each bowl with one tablespoon of sour cream and garnish with the cilantro.
Bronson Wellness Center