Eggplant and Pepper Dip
Vegetables are roasted in the oven and then put in the blender to create a creamy and delicious low-fat dip.
- 1 eggplant
- 2 red pepper
- 1 onion (small)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Use a vegetable peeler to remove the peel from the eggplant.
2. Chop the eggplant into 1 inch cubes.
3. Chop the red peppers.
4. Peel and chop the onion.
5. Put all the ingredients in a large bowl. Stir together.
6. Spread the ingredients on a baking tray.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. While the dip is baking, stir it a few times.
8. When the eggplant is lightly browned and soft, take the dip out of the oven.
9. Let the dip cool for at least 10 minutes.
10. Put the dip the blender. Blend until smooth.
11. Serve the dip cold or at room temperature.
Try this low-fat dip with cut vegetables, toast, or as a spread on sandwiches.
Original recipe from - Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network.
Photo from SNAP4CT