Eggplant and Pepper Dip
Vegetables are roasted in the oven and then put in the blender to create a creamy and delicious low-fat dip.
- 1 eggplant
- 2 red pepper
- 1 onion (small)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove the peel from the eggplant.
- Chop the eggplant into 1 inch cubes.
- Chop the red peppers.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl. Stir together.
- Spread the ingredients on a baking tray.
- Bake at 400 °F for 45 minutes. While the dip is baking, stir it a few times.
- When the eggplant is lightly browned and soft, take the dip out of the oven.
- Let the dip cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Put the dip the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Serve the dip cold or at room temperature.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network (original recipe)
and SNAP4CT.org (photo)