Fall Veggie Casserole
Grab some fresh eggplant and tomatoes from the market and serve this veggie casserole with dinner that is topped off with Parmesan cheese.
- 5 1/2 cups eggplant, cubes (1 medium eggplant)
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Remove the skin from the eggplant. Cut the eggplant into cubes. Chop the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Cut the green pepper in half. Remove the seeds and cut it into small pieces.
- Chop the onion into small pieces.
- Cut the garlic into tiny pieces.
- Cook the first 8 ingredients in a large skillet until tender.
- Top with the Parmesan cheese and serve.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network