Fat-Free Apple Crumb Dessert
Oatmeal mixed with cinnamon and brown sugar is a delicious topping for this baked apple dessert.
- 4 apples (medium, baking)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal, quick cooking (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (ground)
- 1/3 cup 100% apple juice
- 4 sprays of non-stick cooking spray
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Move the oven rack to the center of the oven. Then preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Spray the bottom and sides of a 9 inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Wash and peel the apples. Cut them into thin slices.
- Spread the apple slices evenly over the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix the oatmeal, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread the oatmeal mix evenly over the apples in the baking dish.
- Lightly pour the apple juice over the oatmeal mixture.
- Cover the dish and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until apples are just starting to soften.
- Uncover and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes until apples are soft.
Learn more about:
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network