Festive Microwave Baked Apples
Short on time? Fill cored apples with cinnamon, nutmeg, and raisins and bake the dish in the microwave for a quick and easy dessert.
- 1 apple (medium, skinned and cored (not cut into pieces))
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Place apple on plate with opening facing up (cored apples should have bottom intact).
- Stir sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a separate cup, and sprinkle into and onto apple.
- Sprinkle raisins on and around apple.
- Drop butter alternative spread onto apple and cover with plastic wrap or wax paper.
- Microwave on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
- Let sit outside of microwave for at least 30 seconds before eating. It will be HOT.
Fruit is naturally sweet so try making this without sugar.
Learn more about:
CSAAC (Community Services for Autistic Adults and Children)