Low-sodium soy sauce and garlic powder create a delicious flavor for this brown rice, vegetable, and chicken dish.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 carrot (cut into 1/4-inch slices)
- 1/2 bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, low-sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup cooked bite-size pieces of chicken
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add rice and stir for 5 minutes.
- Stir in carrot, bell pepper, onion, broccoli, soy sauce, black pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Remove mixture from pan.
- Pour eggs into pan and scramble.
- Put vegetable mix and rice back in the pan and mix with scrambled eggs.
- Add chicken and cook until hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Colorado State University and University of California at Davis. Eating Smart Being Active Recipes.