Frozen Fruit Pops
These frozen fruit pops contain fruit, juice, and low-fat yogurt to create a refreshing treat on a summer day.
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 cup yogurt, low-fat fruit (8 ounces)
- 6 us fluid ounces orange juice, frozen concentrate (thawed)
1. Mix the ingredients in a medium-size bowl. Divide into 4 paper cups.
2. Freeze until slushy - about 60 minutes. Insert a wooden stick half way through the center of each fruit pop.
3. Freeze until hard or at least 4 hours. Peel away the paper cup before you eat the fruit pop.
You can mix ingredients and freeze in ice cube tray instead of cups, making great "ice cubes" in fruit juice. Try other fruits or juice concentrates for variety.
USDA, Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) and Food and Drug Administration, DHHS, The Power of Choice