Try this refreshing flavor combination or create your own!
- 2 cans sliced peaches in 100% juice (15-ounce cans)
- banana, peeled (optional)
- Collect all ingredients and freeze cans before starting to prepare the recipe.
- Place cans of fruit in freezer for at least 3 hours. Take out when fully frozen.*
- Run frozen cans briefly under hot water, or let them sit on counter for 30 minutes to loosen contents. Remove fruit from the cans, and use a sharp knife to cut it into small pieces.
- If using a banana, peel, and cut into slices. Banana does not need to be frozen.
- Place frozen, chopped fruit (and banana, if using) in the blender, and blend until creamy.
- Serve immediately.
- Freeze any leftovers in a freezer-safe container or sealable plastic freezer bags.
*It is ok to freeze these cans overnight. They will not explode.
Try these refreshing flavor combinations, or create your own!
Peach: 2 (15 ounce) cans sliced peaches in 100% fruit juice (makes 7 servings)
Pineapple: 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in 100% fruit juice (makes 5 servings)
Pineapple Banana: 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in 100% fruit juice plus 1 banana (makes 7 servings)
Learn more about peaches.
Cost and nutrition analysis provided for Peach Sorbet.
Colorado State University Extension. Eating Smart, Being Active.