Make your own granola bars at home. This recipe combines raisins, carrots, oats, and honey for a healthy snack or breakfast on-the-go.
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup carrot (grated)
- 1/2 cup coconut
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Put the honey and peanut butter in a large saucepan. Cook on low heat until they melt.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Turn off the burner.
- Add oatmeal, raisins, carrots, and coconut to the saucepan. Stir well, and let it cool until you can safely touch it with your hands.
- Put the mix into a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Press the mix firmly into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cut into 24 bars.
Learn more about:
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network