Grapefruit Spinach Salad
Water chestnuts give this spinach salad a delightful crunch when served with the spicy and tangy dressing.
- 4 1/2 cups fresh spinach, washed and drained
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained (2 ounce cans)
- 1 cup water chestnuts, diced (5 oz can)
- 2 grapefruits, sectioned and diced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 us fluid ounces grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, low-sodium
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Tear spinach coarsely and place in large salad bowl.
- Add mushrooms, water chestnuts, and grapefruit.
- Mix together oil, vinegar, grapefruit juice, soy sauce, hot pepper sauce, salt, and dry mustard.
- Toss dressing with spinach mixture and serve.
North Dakota State University Extension Service