Grapefruit Spinach Salad
Water chestnuts give this spinach salad a delightful crunch when served with the spicy and tangy dressing.
- 4 1/2 cups fresh spinach, washed and drained
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained (2 ounce cans)
- 1 cup water chestnuts, diced (5 oz can)
- 2 grapefruits, sectioned and diced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 us fluid ounces grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, low-sodium
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
1. Tear spinach coarsely and place in large salad bowl.
2. Add mushrooms, water chestnuts, and grapefruit.
3. Mix together oil, vinegar, grapefruit juice, soy sauce, hot pepper sauce, salt, and dry mustard.
4. Toss dressing with spinach mixture and serve.
North Dakota State University Extension Service.