Heavenly Deviled Eggs
Versatile and easy to prepare, these deviled eggs are great as an appetizer, side dish, or snack.
- 6 eggs (in shell)
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Put eggs into a saucepan. Cover with cold water.
- Bring eggs to a simmer (small bubbles) and cook for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and drain.
- Crack eggs under cold water and allow to cool. Remove shells.
- Split eggs in half, lengthwise and remove yolks.
- Put yolks, dressing and mustard into a small zipper-lock plastic bag to mix.
- Cut a small hole in a lower corner of the bag. Squeeze mixture into egg white halves. Garnish as desired.
Garnishes: paprika, cayenne pepper (if you like it hot), pickle relish, sliced scallions, sliced green or black olives.
1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper may be substituted for 1 teaspoon of mustard.
Simple Healthy Recipes
Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education