Homemade Mashed Potatoes
A creamy comfort food that is quick and easy to prepare!
- 2 pounds potatoes (6 medium)
- 1 cup milk, low-fat
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (ground)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Peel the potatoes, and cut them into chunks.
- Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover them.
- Cook the potatoes on medium heat for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat. Drain the water off the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes with a fork or potato masher.
- Stir in enough milk to make the potatoes smooth and creamy.
- Add the butter, salt and pepper.
Learn more about potatoes.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network.