Homemade Pizza Crust
Enjoy the freshness of a homemade pizza crust and enjoy the delicious aromas that fill your kitchen as it bakes!
- 1 teaspoon rapid rise yeast
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup bread flour (approximately)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Mix yeast, water, salt, and oil. Add about 1 cup flour to make a stiff dough. The amount of flour may vary slightly.
- Knead the dough until it is very elastic (will stretch and not make a hole).
- Use a rolling pin or clean bottle to obtain even thickness.
- Lay it on a greased baking sheet to rise while you prepare toppings for pizza.
- Bake at 400 °F with desired toppings until crust is browned and top is bubbly.
Pizza can be topped with sauce, mozzarella cheese, vegetables, and cooked meats.
Simple Healthy Recipes
Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education