Honey Glazed Turnips
Cook turnips and honey on the stove to create an easy and healthy side dish for dinner.
- 3 turnips, medium, about 1 1/2 pounds (sliced or cubed)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 salt (1/4 teaspoon, to taste)
- 1/4 pepper (1/4 teaspoon, to taste)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Peel turnips.
- Dice or slice turnips, 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a medium saucepan, combine honey, canola oil and water and bring to a boil.
- Add turnips, salt and black pepper, cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to cook until turnips are golden and glazed, about 10 minutes.
Learn more about turnips.
Penn State Extension Nutrition Links