Indian Vegetable and Rice Skillet Meal
An easy and delicious one-pot dish that makes plenty of lefotvers to savor!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (chopped cauliflower, peppers, carrots, or peas)
- 1 baking potato (large)
- 1 cup white rice (uncooked)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 can kidney beans (15 ounces, drained, rinsed)
- 1/2 salt (1/2 teaspoon, optional)
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion, ginger, turmeric, and cumin, and stir while cooking for 1 minute.
3. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat.
4. Simmer 20-25 minutes. Serve hot.
5. Refrigerate leftovers with in 2-3 hours.
Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service, Healthy Recipes