Lentil Spaghetti Sauce
Enjoy this hearty spaghetti sauce over your favorite pasta for a quick, easy, and delicious dinner!
- 1 pound ground beef, 90% lean
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 1/2 cups lentils (cooked, drained)
- 28 ounces spaghetti sauce, low-sodium (1 jar, can use 28-32 ounces)
1. In a large sauce pan brown meat. Drain.
2. Add onion and garlic to drained meat. Cook until onions are soft but not brown.
3. Add cooked lentils and spaghetti sauce and bring to a boil. Lower heat and cook gently for 15 minutes.
4. Serve sauce over hot cooked spaghetti noodles.
Montana State University Extension Service
Nutrition Education Program