Lentil Spaghetti Sauce
Enjoy this hearty spaghetti sauce over your favorite pasta for a quick, easy, and delicious dinner!
- 1 pound ground beef, 90% lean
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 1/2 cups lentils (cooked, drained)
- 28 ounces spaghetti sauce, low-sodium (1 jar, can use 28-32 ounces)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large sauce pan brown meat. Drain.
- Add onion and garlic to drained meat. Cook until onions are soft but not brown.
- Add cooked lentils and spaghetti sauce and bring to a boil. Lower heat and cook gently for 15 minutes.
- Serve sauce over hot cooked spaghetti noodles.
Montana State University Extension Service
Nutrition Education Program