Lite Fried Okra
Try this healthier version of a soul food favorite.
- 2 cups okra (fresh, sliced)
- 3/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray (nonstick, as needed)
1. Wash hands with warm water and soap.
2. In a bowl, mix sliced okra, oil, salt and pepper.
3. Coat a large fry pan with cooking spray.
4. Heat over medium heat, and add okra mixture, turning often with a wooden spoon or spatula.
5. Cook until okra is browned, about 10 minutes.
6. Serve with hot sauce or favorite relish.
Champions for Change Recipes
Arizona Nutrition Network
Fast and simple. I added a chopped-up jalapeno because I'm that kind of person!