Lite Fried Okra
Try this healthier version of a soul food favorite.
- 2 cups okra (fresh, sliced)
- 3/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray (nonstick, as needed)
1. Wash hands with warm water and soap.
2. In a bowl, mix sliced okra, oil, salt and pepper.
3. Coat a large fry pan with cooking spray.
4. Heat over medium heat, and add okra mixture, turning often with a wooden spoon or spatula.
5. Cook until okra is browned, about 10 minutes.
6. Serve with hot sauce or favorite relish.