Main Dish Salad
Crunchy and colorful, this salad is packed with vegetables, flavor, and vitamins C and A.
- 1/2 head of red cabbage
- 1/2 head of romaine lettuce
- 3 carrot (medium)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 green pepper
- 2 broccoli stalks
- 3 tomatoes (medium)
- 3 cans kidney beans or garbanzo beans, low-sodium (15.5 ounce)
- 6 ounces cheese, grated low-fat cheddar
- 1/4 cup salad dressing, non-fat
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wash and drain all vegetables well.
- Thickly slice red cabbage, tear lettuce into pieces, peel and grate (or slice) carrots and cucumber, cut broccoli into florets and tomato into wedges.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Add salad dressing and toss together lightly just before serving.
Wellness Ways Resource Book
University of Illinois Extension Service