Maple Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes, maple syrup, orange juice, and yogurt are a winning combination in this easy dish that can be made in the microwave.
- 2 sweet potatoes (large)
- 2 tablespoons yogurt, non-fat
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/16 cup orange juice (1 Tablespoon)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Prick potato skins with a fork. Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minute until soft and easily pierced with a knife.
- Scoop out the pulp into a medium bowl.
- Mash the pulp and stir in the yogurt, maple syrup, and orange juice.
- Transfer to a microwave safe serving bowl and microwave for 1 to 2 minutes to heat through.
University of Connecticut Family Nutrition Program
Senior Nutrition Awareness Project (SNAP) Newsletters