Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Mashed sweet potatoes are an easy and nutritious side dish that can accompany any entrée. A great idea to try in place of traditional mashed potatoes.
- 4 sweet potatoes (small to medium)
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme (fresh or dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into slices that are 3/4 inch thick.
- Put them in a saucepan with enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Bring the water to a boil on medium heat.
- Cook the potatoes for 20 to 25 minutes until they’re soft.
- Drain the water. Put the potatoes in a medium bowl.
- Use a fork or potato masher to mash the potatoes.
- Mix in the thyme, salt, and pepper.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network