Exploding with delicious summer flavors, this salsa recipe is amazing with whatever melon you have on hand.
- 2 cups melon, honeydew, cantaloupe or watermelon (seeded and chopped fresh, use one kind or a combination)
- 1 cup cucumber (peeled, seeded and chopped)
- 1/4 cup onion, red or white (chopped)
- 2 cilantro or mint, fresh (2 Tablespoon, chopped, optional)
- 1/2 jalapeño (seeded and finely chopped, or hot sauce to taste)
- 1/4 cup lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar, white or brown
1. In a medium size bowl, stir together all ingredients.
2. Taste and season with more lemon or lime juice, sugar if needed.
3. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes. Serve with grilled or broiled fish or chicken.
Caution: When handling hot peppers, the oils can cause burning and skin irritation. You can wear clean kitchen gloves or wash hands thoroughly after preparing. KEEP HANDS AWAY FROM EYES.
Montana State University Extension Service
Nutrition Education Program