Microwave Baked Apple
Here is a sweet apple treat that you can prepare in minutes in the microwave.
- 4 apples (large, baking)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wash apples and remove core.
- Cut a thin slice off bottom of each apple to form a flat surface. Place apples in a microwave-safe baking dish.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a small dish. Spoon mixture into center of apples.
- Cover wax paper and microwave on high power 6 to 10 minutes or until apples are soft.
- One pound apples = 3 medium apples = 3 cups sliced apples. This is good information to know at the grocery store.
- Favorite varieties of apples for baking are Jonathan, Granny Smith, Braeburn, and Golden Delicious. Any tart apple works well.
- Arrange the apples around the outside edge of the dish for more even cooking in the microwave.
- Safety Tips: Wash the apples in clear running water before coring. If you have apples left, keep in the fridge for a handy snack later on.
Learn more about:
Kids a Cookin’
Kansas Family Nutrition Program