Mozzarella Chicken with Garlic Spinach
Chicken, mozzarella, and spinach seasoned with garlic make this an easy and delicious dinner.
- 8 chicken breast halves (small, skin and bone removed)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (Italian seasoned, crushed)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, part skim (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 packages spinach leaves
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound chicken to 1/4 inch thick.
3. Coat chicken with bread crumbs and place on foil-covered baking sheet. Discard remaining bread crumbs. Bake 10 minutes.
4. Top chicken with cheese; bake 4-5 minutes until cheese is melted and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
5. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add garlic and stir 1 minute.
6. Add half the spinach and cook 1 minute.
7. Add remaining spinach. Cook until wilted, turning occasionally. Serve with chicken.
Simple Healthy Recipes
ONIE Project - Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education