Oat Bran Muffins
Full of fruit and oat bran, these tasty muffins can be enjoyed as a snack or a dessert.
- 2 1/4 cups oat bran
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 3/4 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons raisins, dates, or other dried fruit
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup non-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Mix the first four dry ingredients. Set aside. Mix the egg with orange juice, milk and oil. Mix fruit and blend with dry ingredients.
3. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry until it is moist.
4. Spray muffin tin with a non-stick coating. Pour batter into muffin tins.
5. Bake for 15-17 minutes. Remove muffins from pan after 10 minutes. Cool on a rack. Freeze muffins for later use.