Oat Snack Cakes
These oat snack cakes are full of whole grains and flavor, making them perfect for sharing with friends and family.
- 6 cups oatmeal (raw)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup flour (all purpose)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup margarine (softened)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
- 2 egg whites (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup raisins
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Mix together oatmeal, flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Combine oil, vanilla, egg whites, and water. Stir into dry ingredients and raisins, mixing only until it holds together.
- Wash hands thoroughly, then dip in cornmeal or flour. Pinch off pieces of dough and form into balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- Place balls on baking pan (sprayed with non-stick cooking spray) and press out slightly to about 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool, then store in an airtight container.
Virginia Cooperative Extension