This simple and delicious vegetable dish is perfect with your favorite entrée.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 3 cups fresh vegetables (cut up, such as potatoes, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, or red peppers)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil, lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Wash, peel, and cut the fresh vegetables to get 3 cups cut-up vegetables.
- Spread vegetables on baking sheet pan.
- Pour the oil mixture over the vegetables and mix together.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Stir after the first 10 minutes of baking.
- Serve the vegetables while they are still hot.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network