Pancakes (from Better Baking Mix)
Using a pre-made baking mix -- like our Better Baking Mix -- is a great shortcut to making homemade pancakes!
- 2 Servings of Better Baking Mix (2 cups)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir just enough to moisten dry ingredients.
- Preheat skillet on medium-high heat. The skillet is ready when drops of water "dance" on the dry surface. Add a teaspoon of vegetable oil or use cooking oil spray. For each pancake, pour 3-4 tablespoons of batter onto hot skillet.
- Cook slowly until the surface is covered with bubbles. Turn and cook until second side is lightly browned.
Try applesauce or other fruit on pancakes instead of syrup.
Washington State University Extension