A quick, delicious, cruciferous delight. Try this recipe with green or purple cabbage, or a mixture of the two.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter (or margarine)
- 1 cup cabbage (finely shredded)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Melt butter or margarine in a heavy saucepan or skillet.
2. Add cabbage and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add water.
3. Cover pan with a tight-fitting lid to hold in steam.
4. Cook over low heat until cabbage is tender (6 to 8 minutes), stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
5. Add lemon juice and serve.
Learn more about cabbage.
Creative Vegetable Cookery
North Dakota State University Extension Service