The perfect dessert when peaches are in season. Simple to prepare but absolutely scrumptious.
- 4 peaches (4 cups sliced)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
- Slice the peaches.
- Spread the peach slices on the bottom of the baking pan.
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan.
- In a small bowl, mix everything but the peaches. Stir until the mix is well blended.
- Sprinkle the oat mix on top of the peaches.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Serve the peach crisp either hot or cold. To remove the peach fuzz, you can rub the washed peach gently with a paper towel.
Learn more about:
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network