Pear Kabobs with Strawberry Dipping Sauce
Fruity kabobs that you can enjoy for a snack or dessert. Try experimenting with different patterns and fruits.
- 1 cup yogurt, low-fat vanilla
- 4 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 2 pears (cored and cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 cups strawberries (stems removed)
- 2 bananas (cut into 1-inch slices)
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
1. In a small bowl, combine the vanilla yogurt and strawberry preserves. Set aside.
2. Thread the fruits by alternating the pears, strawberries, bananas, and pineapple onto the skewers.
3. Serve the fruit skewers with a dollop of the strawberry sauce on the side.
Other materials needed:
- Six wooden skewers
- small bowl
- cutting board
- can opener
- paring knife
- measuring spoons
- platter or large plate
Learn more about:
USA Pears (recipe)
Pear Bureau Northwest (photo)