Pear PB&J Bouquet
Beautiful, nutritious, and delicious, this open faced sandwich is worth the extra effort.
- 1 pear
- 8 teaspoons peanut butter
- 1 1/3 tablespoons strawberry preserves (4 teaspoons)
- 8 slices whole grain wheat bread
1. Use a flower-shaped cookie cutter to cut each slide of bread. If bread sticks to cutter, gently push the petals out with your fingers.
2. Wash the pear and dry it with a paper towel. Cut the pear in half, and remove the core. Cut each pear half into four slices, then cut each slice into five pieces. You will only use the center three pieces of each slice, so go ahead and eat the end pieces.
3. Spread 1 teaspoon of peanut butter in a circle in the center of each of the flowers. Place 3 pieces of pear on the peanut butter on each flower. Arrange the pears so the skin is facing out and the white centers are touching in the middle.
4. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of strawberry preserves in the center of each flower and over the pears.
Other materials needed:
- paring knife
- deep cookie cutter, flower-shaped
- measuring spoons
- squeeze bottle (optional)
Learn more about:
The Pear Dish