Peter Pumpkin Squares
A perfect treat for pumpkin lovers. A seasonal treat for the holidays or any time of year that you're craving pumpkin.
- 1 can pumpkin (15 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil (cooking)
- 1 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- margarine or butter (to grease the pan)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, and oil. Mix well.
3. In a large bowl, mix the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda.
4. Add the pumpkin mix to the flour mix. Stir well.
5. Grease a 9" x 13" baking pan with butter or margarine.
6. Pour the batter into the greased baking pan.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
Learn more about:
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network