Pico de Gallo
A fantastic recipe to try when your garden or market is overflowing with fresh, flavorful, tomatoes!
- 2 cups tomatoes (chopped ripe)
- 1 1/2 cups onion (chopped)
- 1/3 cup cilantro (chopped, fresh)
- 3 jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
California Department of Health Services, Healthy Latino Recipes Made with Love
California Latino 5-A-Day Campaign