Savory and sweet, delicious pineapple pork chops are a fast and flavorful meal. Enjoy over brown rice or quinoa.
- 1 green pepper (medium)
- 4 pork chops (boneless, about 1 pound)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (8-ounce, undrained)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Cut the green pepper into strips.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet.
3. Place pork chops on the heated skillet. Sprinkle the salt on top.
4. Cook the pork for 5 minutes on low heat on each side.
5. The pork should lose its pink color when it’s cooked enough.
6. Remove the cooked pork from the skillet. Place it in a serving dish.
7. Put the green pepper slices in the skillet.
8. Stir the in pineapple chunks with their juice.
9. Stir in the ginger and cinnamon.
10. Simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
11. Spoon the pineapple mixture over cooked pork.