Potato Beef Casserole
A casserole perfect for meat and potato lovers. Savor this recipe with a fresh green salad on the side, and piece of fruit for dessert.
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1/2 pound ground beef (85% lean)
- 5 potatoes (or 1 package hash browns)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, reduced sodium (10.75 ounces)
- 5 ounces water
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Peel onion and dice into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Cook ground beef and onions in a skillet until the meat is browned. Drain of fat.
- Add mushroom soup and 1/2 can water.
- Use a brush to scrub potatoes under cold running water. Slice potatoes into 1/2-inch thick pieces and places in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Spread meat and soup mixture over potatoes.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes until potatoes are tender and casserole is bubbly and browned.
Simple Healthy Recipes
Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education