Enjoy these potato cakes with fat-free sour cream or fat-free yogurt and chives.
- 2 cups potatoes (cold, mashed, made from instant potato flakes)
- 1/2 cup flour (all-purpose, unsifted)
- 2 tablespoons onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Put mashed potatoes into a bowl.
2. Add flour and onion. Mix well.
3. Pat potato mixture on a lightly floured board until 1/2 inch thick.
4. Cut with a 3-inch-round cutter.
5. Place on a baking sheet, cover and refrigerate until just before cooking.
6. Heat oil in a frying pan or griddle.
7. Fry cakes over medium heat, turning to brown on both sides. Serve immediately.
USDA, FNS, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)