Have fun with the kids making pretzel shapes! A great snack for the whole family.
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1/2 cup water (warm)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water, add honey and let set for a few minutes.
3. In a large mixing bowl, measure flour and salt.
4. Add yeast mixture to flour mixture and stir until it forms a smooth ball. Add a little more flour if the dough is sticky.
5. Knead dough on countertop or dough board until it forms a smooth ball. Add a little flour if the dough is sticky.
6. Divide dough into 12 pieces about the size of a walnut. Roll each ball into a snake and then twist to make a pretzel, letter or other fun shape.
7. Place pretzels on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
Kansas Family Nutrition Program, Kids a Cookin’