Bake these cookies the night before and enjoy a delicious treat on busy mornings.
- 1 3/4 cups pumpkin (puréed, cooked)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Mix pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, and oil thoroughly.
- Blend dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture.
- Add raisins and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
Learn more about:
Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service