Get pumped for this pumpkin soup. This soup pairs well with a spinach salad topped with a scoop of tuna or egg salad.
- 1 can white beans (15 ounce, rinsed and drained)
- 1 onion (small, or 2 tsp. onion powder)
- 1 cup water
- 1 can pumpkin (15 ounces, plain)
- 1 can chicken or vegetable broth, low-salt (14.5 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme (or tarragon)
- salt and pepper (optional, to taste)
1. Blend white beans, onion, and water.
2. In a soup pot, mix bean puree with pumpkin, broth, and spices.
3. Cover and cook over low heat about 15 to 20 minutes until warmed through.
University of Connecticut, Family Nutrition Program, Senior Nutrition Awareness Project (SNAP) Newsletters