Quesadilla con Huevos
Tortillas, eggs, cheese, and salsa can be enjoyed at any meal. Enjoy this main dish with a salad and a piece of fruit for a well balanced lunch.
- 1/2 cup cheddar or colby jack cheese (grated - cojack)
- 2 eggs (scrambled)
- 4 flour tortillas (6 to 8 inch)
- salsa (4 tablespoons, optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Put 2 tablespoons cheese and 1/4 of the scrambled eggs on each tortilla.
- Heat 2 quesadillas at a time in microwave on high for 30 to 45 seconds or until cheese melts.
- Top with salsa and fold tortilla in half to serve.
- Add parsley if desired.
- Kids can make these as plain as they like or can add ingredients such as peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, or onions. Quesadillas make a great breakfast or lunch that's easy and quick. Instead of using a microwave, you can heat the tortillas on a skillet or griddle until the cheese melts.
- Safety Tips: The melted cheese is hot, so wait a minute before eating. Use a knife or pizza wheel to cut the quesadilla into wedges for serving.
Kids a Cookin’
Kansas Family Nutrition Program