Quesadilla con Huevos
Tortillas, eggs, cheese, and salsa can be enjoyed at any meal. Enjoy this main dish with a salad and a piece of fruit for a well balanced lunch.
- 1/2 cup cheddar or cojack cheese (grated)
- 2 egg (scrambled)
- 4 flour tortillas (6 - 8 inch)
- 4 salsa (4 Tablespoons, optional)
1. Put 2 Tablespoons cheese and 1/4 of the scrambled eggs on each tortilla.
2. Heat 2 quesadillas at a time in microwave on high for 30 to 45 seconds or until cheese melts.
3. Top with salsa and fold tortilla in half to serve.
Kids can make these as plain as they like or can add ingredients such as peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms or onions. Quesadillas make a great breakfast or lunch that's easy and quick. Instead of using a microwave, you can heat the tortillas on a skillet or griddle until the cheese melts.
Safety Tips: The melted cheese is hot, so wait a minute before eating. Use a knife or pizza wheel to cut the quesadilla into wedges for serving.
Kids a Cookin’
Kansas Family Nutrition Program