Quick and Healthy Black-Eyed Peas
Tasty turkey bacon and frozen black-eyed peas are the star ingredients in this recipe. Add a little chipotle pepper and sauce, cayenne pepper, or jalapeños if you prefer some additional heat.
- 4 slices turkey bacon (chopped)
- 2 cups black-eyed peas, frozen (about 2 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Over medium high heat cook bacon for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and allow to cook until the peas are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Cooking Demo II
Food and Health Communications, Inc.