Quick Tuna Casserole
This creamy casserole can be easily prepped in advance. Enjoy it with roasted sweet potatoes or winter squash for a colorful meal.
- 1 cup water
- 5 ounces egg noodles (wide)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (10.75 ounce)
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 can tuna (6.5 ounces, packed in water, drained)
- 1 cup green peas (frozen)
- 1 cup bread crumbs (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring 1 quart of water to a boil in a large pot and cook the egg noodles in the water for 2 minutes.
- Cover the pot, remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the water, soup and milk together in a bowl.
- Combine tuna and peas with the mixture and pour into a 1-quart casserole dish.
- Drain the noodles well and combine with the tuna mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with bread crumbs if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
To lower sodium content, use reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup.
Learn more about:
Healthy Cookbook for African American Populations
Recipe by Tara Caulder, Soaad Ali, and Laide Bello
(Supervised by Dr. Mira Mehta and Terri Kieckhefer)