Here is the perfect recipe to make when your garden or market is overflowing with peppers, eggplant, and tomatoes. Add cooked chicken or tofu to make this side dish a complete meal.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bell peppers (green, red, or yellow)
- 1 eggplant (peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained (15 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan and saute onion, garlic, bell peppers and eggplant until tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes and basil, cook about 10 minutes. Add pepper and parsley before serving.
3. Serve hot. Cover and refrigerate within 2 hours.
ONIE Project - Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education. Simple Healthy Recipes.