Roasted chicken is a simple and classic recipe that will never go out of style. Experiment with different seasonings, if you'd like. Try it with your favorite vegetables on the side for a delicious meal.
- 1 chicken, whole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper (to taste, optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Combine Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper (optional).
- Rub chicken with oil, then rub with spice mixture.
- Place chicken, breast side down, in roasting pan or Dutch oven.
- Bake, uncovered, until internal temperature reaches at least 165 °F.
- Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
- For more flavor, try other seasonings like 1 teaspoon rosemary or thyme.
- Serve with mashed sweet potatoes.
University of Minnesota Extension