Roast Turkey Breast with Rosemary, Sage, and Thyme
Perfect for a holiday gathering, this roast turkey breast can be prepated in less time than a whole turkey. Enjoy!
- 3 pounds turkey breast half (with skin and bones)
- 1 onion, large quartered
- 1 carrot, large quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste, optional)
- chicken broth (or margarine, for basting, optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place turkey breast in roasting pan along with onion and carrot.
2.Mix spices with olive oil. Rub turkey with olive oil.
3. Roast turkey at 400°F for 15 minutes. Baste with margarine and chicken broth (optional).
4. Reduce turkey temperature to 350°F and roast turkey, basting every 20 minutes with pan juices (or margarine and chicken broth), about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until meat thermometer inserted in thick part of meat registers 165°F.
5. Remove to carving board and let rest for 10 minutes.
Utah State University Cooperative Extension.