Salsa Pinto Beans
Spicy, savory beans make a great fiber-filled side dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced, or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 cans pinto beans (15 ounces each, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup salsa
1. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender.
3. Stir in the beans and salsa.
4. Cook for 10 minutes.
5. Serve over rice, pasta, or baked potato.
2009 Recipe Calendar
University of Maryland Extension
Food Supplement Nutrition Education Program