Salsa Pinto Beans
Spicy, savory beans make a great fiber-filled side dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced, or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 cans pinto beans, low-sodium (15 ounces each, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup salsa
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender.
- Stir in the beans and salsa.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice, pasta, or baked potato.
2009 Recipe Calendar
University of Maryland Extension
Food Supplement Nutrition Education Program