Sautéed Beet Greens
Don’t throw away your beet greens! The leafy tops of beets can be so tasty. In this recipe, lemon juice, vegetable oil, and seasonings give them a bold flavor profile.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups chopped beet greens (2 bunches with stems removed)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pan over medium heat.
- Add the beet greens and garlic to the pan. Stir until just wilted, then reduce the heat to low and stir occasionally until soft, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice, red pepper flakes and salt. Serve right away or use in another recipe.
Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service