Sautéed Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower can be made into a rice alternative with just a few simple ingredients. Make this fresh-tasting side dish by pairing cauliflower with garlic, onion, and more.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 medium cauliflower (grated or finely chopped, 4 to 5 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or lime juice (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or cilantro (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or saucepan on medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cauliflower, salt and pepper. Stir until cauliflower is tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and sprinkle with parsley, if desired. Serve warm.
Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service